Hi-growth Technology - Transport sector
- Central London
- c. £80,000 + excellent benefits + bonus
Our client is a highly successful NYSE listed Industrial Group generating billions of dollars annual revenue from around the globe. The business operates across a number of diversified industries, providing cutting-edge products in a variety of specialist markets.
The Group is now seeking to employ a Financial Controller with strong knowledge of UK GAAP and accounting standards and with experience in preparing UK GAAP statutory accounts. The candidate will be required to prepare UK statutory accounts for each of the UK business units and holdings companies, reporting to the European Director of Accounting. The FC will play an integral role in ensuring that superior shareholder returns are generated, by both partnering the entrepreneurial operating divisions and through supporting an active agenda of M&A and capital deployment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of UK GAAP and accounting standards and experience in preparing UK GAAP statutory accounts
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with treasury management and cash pooling systems
- Proficiency with SAP will be an advantage
- Significant experience with a leading accounting firm, together with experience gained in another major corporation, ideally within the manufacturing sector
- Degree level education with professional accounting qualification
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability, as well as evidence of being a team player with a strong work ethic and a well-rounded personality
- Active learner and critical thinker with problem solving, organisational and time management skills allowing the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels within the Group and its advisers
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, combined with commercial acumen
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.