- Central London
- £55,000 + excellent benefits + bonus
Our client is a highly successful, very profitable multinational FTSE250 plc. The business can demonstrate a strong track record of growth, both organic and through a number of acquisitions, and it is a trusted partner to a range of Blue Chip clients. With a strong management team, the business continues to target an ambitious strategy of international growth.
Working in a high quality group finance team, the role is responsible for the following duties:
- Supporting the process for, and preparation of, the Group’s monthly management accounts and the Group’s financial reporting to shareholders
- Preparation of weekly management information to be shared with Executive Management
- Assistance with the Group budgeting and forecasting process and preparation of annual budgets.Assistance with the preparation of the UK businesses corporate tax computation returns to HMRC
- Preparation of monthly reporting and annual statutory financial statements for head office entities
- Regular ad-hoc projects including acquisitions and special projects for the Executive Directors
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified, having trained in a major firm of chartered accountants, auditing multinational clients
- Strong accounting skills and IFRS knowledge – proven ability to perform multicurrency consolidations in an international Group business
- Reasonable knowledge of UK corporate tax regime (not complex) and of tax accounting
- Strong inter-personal skills and strong ability to build and develop relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Well-organised and methodical, strong initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with high quality results
- IT literate with strong Excel skills
This is an excellent entry-level role for an individual looking to establish their career in a commercial listed company environment. The individual will benefit from:
- Working in a small head office with regular contact with senior management and the Executive Management Board
- Strong financial processes and broad financial experience providing an excellent training environment
- Opportunity to work across a spectrum of activities in Group Finance including treasury, management reporting, external reporting, due diligence etc.
- Opportunity to develop a career first in Group Finance and more broadly across Group businesses both in the UK and overseas
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.