Group Financial Controller
- £80,000 - £85,000 + benefits + bonus
Our client is a highly successful consulting and business services group, operating from offices in Europe, North America and Asia. The Group partners with a range of multinational organisations on key organisational and operational projects, generating strong profit margins on combined sales of c. £20m. The business has an ambitious and established leadership team, along with sophisticated shareholders who are highly supportive of the ongoing growth strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for Global treasury, cash management and strategy
- Responsibility, alongside the Group CFO, for all reporting and covenants calculations to relevant external parties
- Ownership of all Group banking relationships
- Provision of cashflow and working capital forecasting, reporting & analysis
- Responsibility for all tax related matters Globally
- Responsibility for the design, development and month to month activity leading the Global Group consolidation process with particular emphasis on balance sheet robustness
- Ensuring the robustness of the underlying financial records for the Global Group in conjunction with the Group Finance Manager
- Statutory Reporting for the Global Business in line with FRS102 and local GAAP (Asia, Europe, Americas)
- Responsibility for the annual audit process globally
- Responsibility for managing the team and supporting their development
- Responsibility to development of the Global control environment with a focus on efficiency and value add
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- Self-starter with proven experience of operating in a Group Finance role and delivering high quality output to tight deadlines and continually developing those outputs as the business environment changes
- Confident and articulate communicator who can concisely summarise issues in both verbal and written form
- Excellent report writing, presentation and financial modelling skills
- Leading and managing change to finance and IT systems and procedures
- Significant International treasury and tax management experience
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and attention to detail while comprehending the bigger picture
- Commitment to deliver continuous improvement
- Involvement in refinancing activity and negotiations would be ideal
This is an excellent role for an individual looking to join a growing and ambitious company that is building towards a significant financial event in the medium term. The successful candidate will be able to learn and develop by working closely with an experienced CFO, as well as enjoying extensive exposure to other key members of the management team.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Justin Dunner quoting reference JD51297.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.