Senior FP&A Analyst
- Central London
- £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits + bonus
Our client is an established FTSE250 Group, with an impressive growth record over the past 15 years. The Group provides high margin B2B products and services to a wide range of Blue Chip clients around the globe. The management team continues to deliver a clear strategy that combines operational excellence in order to maximise returns from existing businesses, along with a sophisticated M&A agenda.
This newly created senior appointment in the Group Finance department, reporting to the FP&A Director. This is a commercial insight role, responsible for producing accurate, timely and relevant management information for senior management, board and external reporting purposes.
The Senior Analyst will play a key role in the business planning, reforecast and budget process at the Group level, producing high-quality, insightful business reports to support the budget setting process. The Senior Analyst will need to be highly analytical, at ease with structured reporting systems and regimes, and able to bring commercial understanding to reporting and analysis. The role will focus on producing dynamic, analytical and forward looking information that can be presented with clarity and insight.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monthly reporting cycle: process, systems preparation, trouble shooting & business support, quality checks & review
- Monthly reporting cycle: production of monthly management information and supporting analysis – using business intelligence tools and dashboard reports
- Continuous focus on high quality management of large volumes of data, and therefore be able to create meaningful business information from that data, at speed
- Working with the various finance systems and tools: maintenance, data population & manipulation
- Ability to deputise for FP&A Director, when required
- Leading group wide reporting and IT related projects
- Planning and executing the group process for reforecast(s), budget and strategic planning
- Ability to understand business model(s) and link to strategy
- Provide senior management with analysis and reporting support as and when required
Candidates will demonstrate most or all of the following experience and attributes:
- Qualified accountant, ideally having trained in audit, with a portfolio of multinational clients
- Subsequent experience in another corporate environment
- Skilled user of finance applications including a major ERP system
- Extensive knowledge of finance processes and group reporting, ideally with experience designing new finance and reporting processes
- Great communication skills
- Strong financial modelling skills
- System implementations experience
- Strong attention to detail: performing deep dives but never losing the big picture
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly analytical
- Ability to distil complex data sets and information into insights and trends
- Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking
- Building consensus
This is an excellent role for an individual looking to join a growing and ambitious company, working as part of a professional and high quality head office team. The successful candidate will benefit from invaluable exposure to the CFO and other senior management, in turn leading to excellent future career opportunities.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Justin Dunner quoting reference JD51327.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.