- London with flexible/remote working
- £100,000 - £130,000 (DOE) + bonus + benefits
Our client is a highly successful MedTech business that has been scaling rapidly for a number of years and has ambitious plans to continue this growth, both within the UK and internationally. The company is now well-positioned to execute on these growth ambitions having raised a significant amount of new capital last year.
In addition to the day-to-day duties of running an effective finance function, this role will involve constantly looking for ways to support the performance of the company and the achievement of its business goals. The Finance Director will also look to continually improve ways of working across the department through the implementation of new systems and processes, to ensure that the function can scale efficiently whilst providing an effective service to internal and external stakeholders. This is a new role which has arisen as a result of business growth and the position will manage an existing team of 2 direct reports and 4 indirect reports, with plans already underway to further increase the size of the finance department.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities of the Finance Director role will include:
- Leading the preparation of accurate, timely and insightful reporting for internal stakeholders (Board, Leadership Team and Management), covering both financial and non-financial measures, to enable effective decision making and stewardship of the business
- Leading the preparation of all statutory and market reporting (full year and half year financial statements, quarterly activity reports), ensuring accurate reporting is delivered on time
- Leading the annual planning and quarterly forecasting cycles
- Contributing to the strategic planning process
- Leading the business partnering activities of the department, supporting the wider business to make informed commercial and financial decisions
- Ownership of all tax compliance and reporting matters
- Ownership of all operational finance matters (payroll, banking, etc)
- Management of engagement with external auditors, with responsibility for ensuring an effective control environment
- Undertaking as requested other activities that may be outside of your area of focus but contribute to the overall success of the Company
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Technically strong accountant, with experience of leading in-house preparation of financial statements under IFRS
- Experience of working in a role with external reporting responsibilities in a listed or highly regulated environment
- Experience of either working in transaction services for a Top 4 firm or experience of fundraising and/or M&A in industry
- Experience of designing and leading business planning and forecasting processes
- Experience of leading or being significantly involved in the implementation of new systems and processes
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working in technology and healthcare sectors preferred
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Justin Dunner quoting reference JD51393.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.