High-Growth Food Brand
- Six figure salary package + benefits + equity scheme
Our client is a high-growth, VC-backed leader that has created an extremely successful and award-winning food brand. Since its inception, the company has experienced extraordinary growth in revenue, with this set to continue based on the level of investment the company has been able to attract.
The Finance Director is an executive leadership role that will have a direct impact on the profitability and growth ambitions for the business. The FD will own all aspects of Finance and will be responsible for guiding and developing the team, as well as enhancing and creating the key tools to keep senior stakeholders informed on performance.
- Contribute to overall business strategy at a senior management level
- Own and execute the finance strategy, aligning commercial ambitions with realistic and achievable plans
- Direct accountability for the fundamental functions of the finance function
- Advise senior management on key decisions around Investment and CapEx spend
- Reporting and analysis
- Total business Budgeting and forecasting
- Fulfil the commercial finance requirements of the wider business
- Statutory accounts and filings
- Transactional finance
- Cashflow management and forecasting
- Work closely with the senior management team to ensure future plans are robust and achievable from a finance perspective
- Lead cross-functional cost-saving initiatives across various elements of the business to achieve the business objectives over the longer term
- Monitor and advise on key risks and opportunities within the business
- Lead and expand the existing team within the function
- Build the capabilities of the function to fundamentally improve the intelligence, foresight and accuracy applied to business decisions
Required Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience gained in a finance role within the FMCG sector
- Experience leading and developing a high performing team
- An agile approach that balances short term goals with the stability and clear view on long term objectives
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, where priorities can change quickly
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character able to keep others motivated and focussed
- Extremely numerate, with the ability to think quickly
- A professional accounting qualification and a strong academic background
- The ability to quickly react to changing demands
- The flexibility to both lead on key strategic priorities as well as rolling sleeves up if the need arises
- An interest and ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with other teams to achieve business goals
- Honesty & integrity, with the conviction to improve things for the greater good
- Strong team spirit and a sense of humour
To apply, please click the Apply button, or alternatively contact Justin Dunner: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference JD51970.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.