FP&A Business Partner
Live Events & Music
- c. £75,000 - £85,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is a leader in live events and music, with operations across a number of countries and a strong track record of growth. The business is well-funded, allowing it to meet the challenges of COVID over the past two years, over which time the business actually made a number of acquisitions.
- Work closely with the operational management teams to deliver high quality, timely & accurate financial budgets and forecasts, ensuring sufficient review and challenge.
- Review final year-end performance and interpret results, identify trends proactively, highlight issues, working in partnership with the operational management teams to plan appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
- Prepare reports and track trends & variance against plans.
- Presentation to the leadership about the latest performance and gap vs plans.
- Work closely with Events & Venues to build and maintain a medium-term financial/strategic plan.
- Support in rolling out new Group level reporting tools to operating companies.
- Support the Events & Venues to deliver timely insightful management information and proactively recommend solutions to support effective decision making.
- Support the Events & Venues in performance monitoring, including the compilation and delivery of weekly and monthly financial and operational dashboards on ticketing, brand partnerships, marketing, artist costs, production costs and other key updates.
- Ensure the monitoring of targets and KPIs to allow the company to make appropriate business decisions.
- Assess commercial revenue deals with third parties across e.g. ticketing, F&B, merchandising and other ancillary revenue opportunities.
- Support in preparation of weekly and monthly reports, board papers and presentations
- Input into the Group management reporting consolidation of the Events & Venues financial and operational reporting.
- Support the teams to build and then review and assess the operational cash flow projections.
- Assist in the financial integration of acquired businesses to ensure a smooth onboarding with the Group’s models and processes.
- Professional accounting qualification with post qualification experience either at one of the Big 4, and/or in commercial finance.
- Strong academic background.
- Foreign language skills are valuable, considering the pan-European footprint.
- Exhibit a detail-driven and process-oriented approach and will have a keen ambition to learn and develop, with a strong commitment to seeing work through to completion.
- Demonstrate a level of maturity that projects the necessary credibility to interact regularly with senior management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a small team.
- Self-starter with an ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with high quality results.
- Strong organisational and execution skills including strong attention to detail.
- Excellent financial and analytical modelling skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- An ability to derive conclusions from financial statements and present those effectively at board level.
- Advanced Excel skills (work with Power BI, advantageous).
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Louise Jeffrey: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JD52191.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.