Head of Strategic Finance
Consumer Financial Services
- c. £80,000 - £100,000 basic salary
Our client is a private equity backed service provider that works with individuals to give financial advice and guidance regarding debt management. The business improves the financial strength and wellbeing of people who find themselves in challenging financial situations. With a number of opportunities for growth across complementary markets, as well as new digital solutions, the business is well placed to build on its success to date.
Reporting to the CEO, this newly created role will work with the Board to drive the business forward and support with strategic initiatives.
The incoming Head of Strategic Finance will establish themselves as a key partner to the Board and CEO, owning the financial forecasts and underlying performance of the business. They will take responsibility for the management of all financial forecasts, scenario analysis and consideration of strategic initiatives. The Head of Strategic Finance will be critical to developing and presenting accurate and timely information to the Board and external funders, giving improved visibility and confidence in its financial management and performance. The role will add enhanced strategic financial and commercial influence, producing business plans and supporting the monetisation of new ventures whilst also helping to drive through internal initiatives.
The right individual should complement this hard working, customer focused, forward thinking team whilst delivering greater leadership and commercial expertise.
- Supporting the CEO in executing the business and financial strategy over the short, medium and long term.
- Building high-quality working relationships with the senior management team and becoming acknowledged as an authoritative financial lead. Ability to support their understanding of the group’s commercial and financial strategy through improved data analysis and reporting, whilst offering sound financial advice and robustly challenging where required.
- Preparing, reviewing and enhancing the board and financial reports (including presenting annual budgets and forecasting) and associated management information to support decision making and producing the level of information which can withstand external scrutiny from PE investors and the banking community.
- Managing external relationships with key professional advisors, including PE investors and banks, understanding budgeting and forecasting and the dynamics of investment.
- Developing robust financial modelling and reporting tools to enable accurate annual & long term reforecasting on a rolling basis. Analysing new business streams, producing business plans with the ability to support the monetisation of such prospects and their subsequent integration into the business.
- Undertaking other ad hoc projects as agreed with the CEO.
- Qualified accountant with a strong academic background.
- Successful track record as a financial leader, ideally with experience of working in fast-paced, financial services or a high-volume data driven business.
- Capability of evaluating problems using a data analytical mindset and delivering solutions both in finance and across other functions, evidencing an ability to drive decision making using data.
- Ability to immerse themselves into the detail, balanced with a logical and structured approach to strategy.
- Commercially minded, people orientated individual with the style and sensitivity to match a growth focused culture and a passion to drive the vision.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to gain respect, be forthright and build rapport across the wider business.
- Confidence in their ability to deliver and composure when facing difficult situations and direct challenges from others.
- Equally important will be the candidate’s generic ability and attitude. They must demonstrate a real excitement for the business and the role, with a track record of proactivity to drive successful outcomes and an attitude suited to an ambitious and highly motivated management team.
This role offers an opportunity to join a highly successful Private Equity backed business, embarking on an exciting phase of growth where you will play a key role in its success. We are looking for an ambitious individual who recognises the exposure this opportunity can bring and how valuable that exposure will be for career development.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Justin Dunner: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JD52216.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.