Managing Director Healthcare Coverage
- Upon Application
Our client a major Bank seeks a Managing Director Healthcare coverage to join it's team based in London.
The Head of Healthcare for EMEA will lead in defining the Bank’s EMEA Healthcare strategy as well as being responsible for providing key inputs into the Global Healthcare strategy.
The Head of Healthcare for EMEA will :
- be expected to drive income and returns from the existing Healthcare portfolio. More importantly however, they will be responsible for delivering a significant number of new Healthcare relationships within the EMEA region, creating a well-defined portfolio of prospects across the EMEA region and building the brand of the Bank within the Healthcare sector.
- operate as a Senior Relationship Manager, originating deals and providing coverage services on a number of key client relationships in the Healthcare sector in the UK and Ireland, as agreed with the Head of UK, Ireland and Nordics as well as the Global Head of Healthcare.
- be responsible for providing strategic input and insights in relation to the Healthcare sector to the EMEA Relationship Managers (“RMs”), working with them to develop appropriate business across all countries and products - supporting business origination, structuring and deal execution as well as being recognised by key stakeholders as the Bank’s expert in the Healthcare Sector for EMEA.
The Managing Director will be expected to manage the Healthcare team in EMEA, providing appropriate leadership and managerial direction and building a high performing team.
Marketing and Origination:
- Manage, on-board and develop a portfolio of UK and Ireland based Healthcare clients, being the Global Relationship Manager for such clients and having direct responsibility for revenue and acting as a first line of defence.
- Responsible for identifying and managing all resources necessary to deliver into a client's needs.
- Responsible for institutionalizing the Bank’s relationship with clients, ensuring executive management of the Bank develop relationships with senior management of key clients.
- Responsible for expanding the Bank's client base within the Healthcare sector in the EMEA region and for developing relationships and strategic dialogues with senior level client executives.
- Collaborate with RMs in other offices in the origination and execution of transactions with designated industry clients. Visit designated clients, together with RMs, credit managers, and relevant product groups, to make presentations and originate deals, making use of broad industry understanding.
- For key business initiatives, coordinate the client dialogue and presentation process, in collaboration with RMs, and product specialists.
- Work with Global Healthcare sector personnel to enable inter-region transactions (e.g. US/Europe/Asia).
- Enhance the brand of the Bankin the Healthcare banking space.
- Collaborate with Product teams and other stakeholder’s in order to increase product penetration with all clients in the Healthcare sector, developing and imitative new product offerings within the Healthcare Sector.
Deal development and execution:
- Be the deal captain on key Healthcare transactions - manage deal teams, comprising RMs, credit and portfolio managers, product specialists, and other resources, for the timely and effective execution of key transactions.
- Provide solutions to develop the opportunity and follow up through the execution of the transaction. Responsible for undertaking all internal approval with the relevant credit division as well as screening committees.
Walker Hamill has been a leading recruiter in the Corporate and Investment Banking market for almost 30 years. We work with a diverse client group, including major international corporate and investment banks, commercial banks and specialised / sector focussed banking institutions. We handle jobs from Analyst to Managing Director level. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/APPLY FOR THIS ROLE