Principal, Private Equity
Leading UK Private Equity Firm
- Competitive Basic + Bonus + Carried Interest
Our Client is a leading Private Equity investor in the UK mid market, specialising in adding value through financial and operational improvement, working closely with management teams to deliver a successful outcome. Typical investment opportunities might include businesses with growth potential and established market positions in industries with barriers to entry, which would benefit from close operational assistance. The firm has a lengthy track record and a strong position in its market. Currently raising a new fund, there is a strong appetite to hire a talented investment professional to help deploy capital in an attractive deal environment.
As a Principal you will be actively engaged in all stages of the investment process. You will also be strongly involved in the company’s business development and participate in marketing activities. You will be given the opportunity to work independently, as well as show strong collaboration skills with your colleagues and external professional advisers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Originate investment opportunities: targeting and marketing to intermediaries, companies and banks, building meaningful relationships leading to compelling origination opportunities
- Analyse and assess investment risks and upsides for each opportunity incorporating best practice market and financial analysis and due diligence, and valuation and modelling techniques
- Structure and negotiate investment opportunities to match vendor requirements and risk/reward analysis
- Prepare for and present to Investment Committee
- Coordinate and (as necessary) lead any due diligence, financial modelling and deal structuring requirements for deal execution
- Coordinate the deal execution process ensuring successful completion
- Assisting in general marketing
Skills and experience required:
- University Graduate, ideally with professional post-graduate qualification
- Deal experience derived from corporate finance, transaction services, banking or private equity
- Private Equity investment experience, ideally to include experience of special situations (minimum 3 years)
- Experience and network in the UK mid-market
- Strong marketing and relationship-building skills
- Analytical thinking, result-oriented personality, well developed sense of responsibility and strong teamwork ethic
- Organised, good project management skills and attention to detail
- Communicative and entrepreneurial personality
- Strong IT skills (esp. Excel)
This represents an outstanding opportunity to join a successful and established firm and to help develop further its strong market position. Rewards will generously reflect the successful individual's commitment and contribution to the firm's success.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to James Stephens: email@example.com quoting reference JS51343.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For further information, please see: www.walkerhamill.com.