Senior Vice President
Leading Private Equity investor in Africa
- Competitive base + bonus + long term incentives
Our client is a leading Africa-focused Private Equity team, managing funds totalling over $3billion. The firm is currently seeking to add 2 Senior Vice Presidents to its London-based investment team.
A Senior Vice President is a key member of the investment team and needs to demonstrate strong deal execution capabilities and broad commercial thinking to evaluate investments thoroughly, complete them efficiently, and create value pursuant to the investment thesis. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and initiatives and get things done effectively in a demanding transaction-orientated environment, as well as making an all-round contribution to the firm’s success. In addition, he or she must attain self-sufficiency and steadily build a senior profile of excellence, and effective working relationships, both within and outside the firm.
A Senior Vice President is responsible for:
(1) Designing and integrating disparate streams of financial and business analyses;
(2) Taking ownership of the deal process, including identifying critical issues and serving as point of contact with deal intermediaries and negotiation of service provider mandates;
(3) Supervising analysis while maintaining responsibility for the output;
(4) Developing and articulating balanced investment theses to the investment committee, being able to articulate a firm point of view with requisite support;
(5) Preparing investment committee papers;
(6) Coordinating equity (co-investment) and debt financing and driving these processes to completion; and
(7) Selectively negotiating elements of transactions (and financings) and having the detail orientation to drive the agreed terms into definitive documentation.
In addition, the candidate will be active in mentoring the Senior Associates and Associates at the firm, as their primary port of call for professional guidance. Finally, the candidate may be called upon to participate in investor relations and fundraising activities.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in investment banking, consulting and private equity, including at least 3 years of private equity at the Post MBA level.
- Top academic credentials – possibly including an MBA degree from a leading business school.
- French speakers would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable track record closing private equity transactions.
- Demonstrable track record of closing financings (debt and equity).
- Strong practical experience exiting investments.
- Experience overseeing portfolio companies.
- Experience negotiating terms sheets and reviewing transaction documentation.
- Strong understanding of and experience in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic.
- Proactive self-starter with sound business judgment, problem solving and commercial instincts.
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently with good presentation skills in one-on-one settings or to larger groups.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to James Stephens: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JS52295.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.