Vice President - Private Equity Operations & Portfolio Management - London
Leading Global Private Equity Firm
- Market Leading Compensation
Our client is an active investor across the Energy Transition, Digital Infrastructure and Transport sectors. The firm seeks to apply a long-term strategy to large-scale infrastructure assets with a focus on delivering stable, long-term capital appreciation together with a predictable annual cash flow yield. Their approach to infrastructure investing is one that puts a focus on creating value, not just for their investors but also for the communities they serve.
The Vice President will be part of the Asset Management team, helping to optimise the investment portfolio through consistent interaction with top-level management (CEO, CFO, COO) of the portfolio companies/platforms, while also providing a link between the team and the rest of the firm. Specific areas of focus will include:
- Driving development and implementation of asset management plans.
- Acting as a key member of the underwriting team to contribute to investment memoranda and provide operational and management input during lifetime of asset.
- Onboarding investments and monitoring portfolio companies by partnering with members of the deal team, Finance, Legal & Compliance, and Portfolio Operations.
- Supporting top-level management (CEO, CFO, COO) of portfolio companies/platforms and deal teams through frequent on-site visits and collaboration on key projects.
- Supporting, quantifying, and overseeing specific strategic initiatives, refinancing activities, management evaluations, and exits that drive value for portfolio companies.
- Monitoring KPI trends for each portfolio company and optimising the reporting process across the portfolio.
- Developing, analysing and interpreting financial and operational information to diagnose and appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the company.
- Reviewing and designing reporting packages that include operating and financial performance.
- Evaluating portfolio management teams and boards to recommend and implement best practices.
- Advising management to assist the realisation of the organisation’s objectives.
- Working on cross-business initiatives to drive value across the portfolio.
- Managing consultants and other contractors during diligence.
Candidates for this position are likely to have 8+ years of relevant experience in Private Equity, Infrastructure, operations and/or consulting. Additional skills and qualities required include:
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- Proven track record of successfully improving strategic, commercial, and operational programs across several industries and functions, and delivering on requirements of institutional shareholders.
- Experience serving on Board of Directors of either public or private companies is desirable.
- Subject matter expertise in energy, transportation, real estate, telecommunications, or other asset-intensive businesses is preferred, but is not a prerequisite.
- Solid financial acumen and understanding of managing appropriate capital structures.
- Experience creating budgets, managing P&L, balance sheets, capital programs, etc.
- Understanding of best practices in governance and financial risk management.
- Willingness to be hands-on with portfolio companies day-in and day-out to execute strategy.
- Gravitas, presence and credibility necessary to command the attention and respect of senior board members, as well as portfolio company management.
- Highly responsive, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and deadlines.
- Perform duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to James Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JS52991.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.