Associate – Debt Advisory (German)
Our client is a well-established leading Debt Advisory firm who are looking to add a German speaking Associate to their team. The individual will work on a range of both sponsor-led and corporate debt raising, refinancing and debt restructuring engagement
- Highly competitive
This opportunity would suit a professional and committed individual with either: 1) a background in leveraged finance and a desire to move into advisory, or 2) an individual looking to further develop their career in advisory, in a demanding and challenging client facing environment.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Origination and execution of debt raising and debt restructuring mandates in the UK and continental Europe.
- Additional duties, aside from transaction related activities, will include the maintenance of loan and bond databases, preparation of pitch books and other general marketing presentations, and tracking general market trends.
- Building and developing strong corporate and private equity client relationships.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing more junior members of staff, providing constructive feedback on a formal and informal basis.
- Providing consistently high standards of work in a timely manner and ensuring compliance with all internal rules (including risk and compliance) and external regulatory requirements.
Background & qualifications:
- BSc/BA equivalent qualification from a reputable UK/European university.
- Master’s degree and/or ACCA (or equivalent) qualification desirable but not essential.
- Minimum 2+ years relevant experience specifically in leveraged finance, debt advisory or debt restructuring advisory.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sound knowledge of credit analysis, structuring and financing products used in LBO/cash flow financing.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to communicate articulately with colleagues and clients.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Lorianne Burge: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LB48164.
Walker Hamill has been a leading recruiter of debt and credit investment professionals for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including Private Debt, Direct Lending, Credit Opportunities, Mezzanine Funds, Distressed Debt and Special Situations Funds, handling jobs from Analyst to Partner level. We have offices in the UK and continental Europe. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/