Private Debt Investment Consultant
- The City
Our client is an independent, privately owned, investment consultancy who is looking for a Vice President/Associate Director for their Private Markets team to focus on Infrastructure funds and investments. The role will bring research and analytical coverage across private markets, primarily private infrastructure but will also include private equity and private debt strategies. They would ideally like someone who has experience in infrastructure and passionate about private markets.
They have a team of 50 including researchers, analysts and support staff, covering asset classes including listed equities, fixed income, hedge funds and private markets (private equity, real estate, infrastructure – both equity and debt). They now advise over 400 of the world’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors and corporations from over 25 countries world-wide.
The incoming consultant will be required to assist their clients with:
- Investment objectives
- Asset allocation structures
- Investment manager structures and guidelines
- Investment manager selection and evaluation
- Performance monitoring
The results of the consultant’s analyses will be a set of specific options and recommendations for the client, designed to achieve the long-term investment objectives.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing analytical processes as they relate to searches and other advisory work on private markets.
- Researching and evaluating potential investments into funds, separate accounts, club deals and potentially direct investments.
- Developing diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with the risk tolerance and income needs of the client.
- Advising clients on customized investment solutions in private markets.
- Contributing to the Private Markets team’s efforts in business development and client acquisition, in collaboration with Relationship Managers.
The level of autonomy and project leadership given to the candidate will depend on his/her level of seniority and number of years of experience in the industry.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant industry experience in private markets ideally gained in either an advisory capacity (such as another investment consultancy, debt advisor or Big 4 accountancy firm), or directly within an investment role.
- Ideally a strong technical understanding of a specific asset class (a more general private markets knowledge is desirable but not essential, such as infrastructure).
- Intellectually curious in terms of private markets and how they can impact a client’s portfolio
- True team player who can adapt and excel in a fast paced working environment
- Numerate, with good analysis skills
- Knowledge of second language is preferred but not essential
- Ambition to contribute to a market leading team
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a robust environment, presenting their own opinions and:
- Listening to others
- Gravitas and presence
- Energy and enthusiasm
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Lorianne Burge: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LB49518.
Walker Hamill has been a leading recruiter of debt and credit investment professionals for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including Private Debt, Direct Lending, Credit Opportunities, Mezzanine Funds, Distressed Debt and Special Situations Funds, handling jobs from Analyst to Partner level. We have offices in the UK and continental Europe. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/