Finance Analyst - temporary
Media and Retail
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £175 - £225 per day
Walker Hamill are always on the lookout for bright, part qualified Finance Analysts who are keen to work with our exciting media clients on a temporary basis. Successful candidates will have exceptional analytical skills and be studying towards an accounting qualification, as well as ideally having experience in a fast paced media or retail company.
- Play a key role in developing budgets, forecast and reforecast.
- Work closely with budget holders, tracking spend v. budget and explain variance drivers.
- Presentation of monthly results and reporting project progress to management.
- Assisting production of briefing packs for shareholders and external analysts.
- Production of ad-hoc analysis and review projects as required.
- Development, communication and implementation of business performance analytics to best practice standards.
- Relevant accounting experience, preferably ACA/ACCA/CIMA part-qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience of financial analysis particularly balance sheet reconciliations in a commercial or media business environment.
- The ability to draw business themes out of financial data and understand the core issues.
- The ability to communicate effectively with non-finance stakeholders.
- SAP experience desirable.
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel - Intermediate skills or above required.
- Good insight analysis and identification of trends.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy and drive: proven track record of a “can do” attitude.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Lydia Borwell: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LBOD1.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.