Online Travel Company
- c. £55k + bens + bonus + scope for significant career progression
Our client is highly successful travel company and a market leader in its sector. The company is multi-award winning, can demonstrate phenomenal growth and is well funded via a stable shareholder base.
This exciting and varied role will provide the right individual with the opportunity to manage a technology-focussed supplier payments team, managing supplier relationships worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
The role will require strong analytical skills to take a KPI focussed approach to driving efficiencies and identifying issues promptly, as they arise. Managing a team of four, the Finance Manager will utilise their process improvement skills to refine and redesign existing processes and enhance the existing systems. Given the pace of growth, as well as a number of newly established ventures within the business, the role will require design of new processes and system functionality as new business streams come online.
In addition, this role will be leading cross party relationships with treasury, accounting, and operations and heavily involved in finance operations for International expansion of the business, with over 10 new markets planned.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will need to understand end-to-end processes, from booking system through to the reconciliation software and in to the accounting system. There are substantial opportunities to add value in these areas which will ensure the successful candidate can build a good reputation across this fast-moving and fast-growing business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Manage KPI reporting and further develop dashboard reporting for supplier payments activities
- Process design / improvement
- Ownership of the Reconciliation system, including working with our technology partners to drive system improvements around efficiency, control and reporting
- Preparing / reviewing weekly payment runs
- Maintain strong financial control environment
- Managing and supporting a team of 4 supplier payment staff
- Undertake statement reconciliation work where necessary
- Resource planning to support the growth of the business
- Ensure best practice and continuous improvement of controls, policies and procedures
- Work with the accounts team to confirm posting from the reconciliation system into the accounting system
- Liaising with Operations to resolve issues, communicate common themes and monitor exception rates
- Work with the Treasury team to understand cashflow forecasts / variances
- Ad-hoc project work as required
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- Analytical mindset being able to review large amounts of data, identify key trends and summarise accordingly
- Strong process improvement experience
- Used to a high volume workload with a good attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities effectively with commercial acumen
- Experience in team management
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, who is willing and able to take initiative
- Team player
- Organised and task focused in order to meet deadlines
The successful candidate is likely to possess a professional accounting qualification, with experience working in supplier payments. Experience within the travel sector is preferable, bit not essential.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.