Head of Finance
- £55,000 - £65,000
Our client is a market leader in the management of technology and related services for some of the most successful Blue Chip companies in the world. They are a dynamic, fast growing, private equity backed company and have received significant investment in the last 5 years and continue to grow both revenue and profits. The business has a highly acquisitive business strategy and is currently seeking to further develop the current finance team to help support these ambitious growth plans more generally.
The CFO is currently seeking to recruit a Head of Finance, reporting to the Director of Finance and managing a small team. The role covers a broad spectrum of finance activities that will build on your experience across all areas of finance. You will co-ordinate key finance functions including accounts receivables and account payables, and drive the production of monthly management reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow forecasting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support system and process enhancements, including identifying and resolving issues affecting processes and procedures, increasing automation, and implementing best practices.
- Prepare key month end balance sheet reconciliations (prepayments, accrued income, deferred income etc.)
- Prepare monthly management accounts including variance analysis with budget and forecasts
- Cashflow management and forecasting: review for credit control, resolve client queries and monitor related cashflow
- Aid in the production of monthly KPIs for Board and Investor reports
- Review and analyse monthly product profitability reports
- Manage and guide the accounts receivables and accounts payables team.
- Support with the annual preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs including liaising with external auditors at annual review.
- Preparation of quarterly bank covenant KPIs and reports
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support the business with decision making, including supporting in acquisitions.
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA – or equivalent)
- Degree Educated or equivalent
- Prior experience within industry
- Experience using NetSuite system.
- Prior exposure to an implementation of NetSuite systems.
- Experience in management accounting and balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills have demonstrable experience with Pivot Tables, VLs and Basic Macro’s.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, word, outlook).
- High level of attention to detail
- Team-orientated; a can do attitude and flexible approach, with prior experience of managing a team.
- Able to work under pressure
- Appetite to work in a PE backed, growing, fast-paced environment
- Able to judge when to challenge and when to lend support
- Fluent written and spoken English.
If you are keen to apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LJ50169. The application start date of the vacancy is 4th February 2019, closing date for applicants will be 28 days from the date of posting. Applications received after 28 days will not be considered.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.