Strategy Director, Partnerships
- £70,000 - £85,000
Our client is a market leader in its field, with a highly impressive management team and a long-track record of success. This newly created role offers an exciting opportunity to drive operational excellence across the Sales function. Reporting to the divisional CEO, this role will work on a wide range of sale orientated projects, playing a critical role in driving change, working as the divisional CEO's "right hand", driving the agenda of the senior management team.
This role has been created to transform the effectiveness and productivity of the Sales function within the Group and businesses/divisions. The job won’t involve a standardised routine or “typical day” and you need to be prepared to roll-up your sleeves and turn your hand to anything to deliver the right outcome. With a focus on project leadership and execution, responsibilities are likely to include:
- Support sponsorship sales strategy work to identify target sectors and companies with tailored messaging for each proposal, along with potential risks & mitigating actions
- Effectively manage the traffic associated with new business opportunities, existing client work and live sales prospects
- Interact daily with Sales, Operations and Client Servicing teams to communicate business priorities, request allocation of resource and manage expectations
- Work with and continually update Research team to ensure prioritised sector analyses
- Oversee Salesforce tool usage, KPI status and management reporting, managing the Partnership Operations Executive to ensure maximum compliance on opportunity coverage and data quality
- Communicate performance insights on an individual and group basis, highlighting issues and proposing appropriate solutions
- Define and introduce necessary actions to focus on hitting quarterly and year-end financial targets; sector coverage, increasing sales funnel conversation rates.
There is considerable scope for development in this role and the successful candidate will gain exposure to senior management across all areas of the business. The role will have an impact on operational and strategic decision-making at the highest levels and provides an opportunity to truly make a difference and implement change across the company.
This role will require an individual with the ambition to build something new and who is hungry for a challenge, is flexible, tenacious, hands-on and who can work independently and as part of a team. With a positive attitude to change, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage complex relationships and to focus relentlessly on driving outcomes, without relying overly on others to get things done.
You will need to have a high level of intellect, most likely demonstrated through an exceptional academic record and successful candidates are likely to have spent some time in a sales environment, advisory capacity, performing a client facing role, either with a leading consultancy or global company. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have gained experience in the commercial world, with current interaction with Sale teams, either in a Blue Chip organisation or an SME.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Experience working for an established Strategy Consulting firm combined with a business facing role in a commercial environment, either for a Blue Chip organisation or with an entrepreneurial business.
- Experience business partnering a sales function is required, including usage of Salesforce software
- Involvement with strategic planning and operational resource allocation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to multi-task as multiple sales processes proceed in parallel
- Diligent / attentive to detail
- Strategic thinker – step back from day-to-day and identify opportunities and threats
- Effective and strong communicator
- Experience working across teams and functions
- Inquisitive nature, willing to challenge previously held assumptions
- Commitment to get projects “over the line” when under time pressure
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Justin Dünner or Louise Jeffrey: SportsSector@walkerhamill.com quoting reference LJ50346.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.