- Central London
- £30,000 - £35,000 + study support
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a leading multinational private equity firm for an ambitious and driven Assistant Accountant. The successful candidate will work as part of a small and high-profile finance team supporting a team of six qualified accountants. This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and driven individual at an early stage in their career, studying for an accounting qualification.
- Preparation of accurate ledgers in Microsoft Dynamics GP, including sales, purchases and project ledgers
- Preparation of workings and submissions of monthly VAT return
- Update bank ledgers for the corporate side of the business
- Bank reconciliation preparation for review by Finance Executive
- Act as point of contact for staff expenses; collate and review expense claims and prepare monthly summary
- Prepare monthly supplier payment run for approval by CFO
- Document scanning, archiving and record keeping
- Aged account receivables reporting; debtor management
- Prepare recharge invoices
- Ad-hoc support of the finance team in operational duties
- Recent graduate with strong academics
- Ideally registered or looking to study for an accounting qualification (ACCA,CIMA, CPA)
- Previous exposure to the financial services sector advantageous
- Pro-active approach to problem solving whilst working in a team
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills, including Excel and Outlook
- Conscientious, professional and willing to help
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Lydia Jane: email@example.com quoting reference LJ50574.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.