Finance Assistant - Part Qualified
- Central London
- £30,000 - £35,000 + study support
Walker Hamill are keen to meet with part-qualified accountants for new, exciting opportunities within financial services. We offer fantastic opportunities for ambitious individuals at an early stage in their career who are studying towards an accounting qualification. Successful candidates will have a university degree and a minimum of 12 months experience.
- Prepare sales, purchase and project ledgers
- Prepare workings and submissions of monthly VAT returns
- Prepare bank reconciliations for review by senior management
- Review expense claims and prepare monthly summary
- Prepare monthly supplier payment run for approval by senior management
- Document scanning, archiving and record keeping
- Aged account receivables reporting; debtor management
- Prepare recharge invoices
- Ad-hoc support for the team and administrative duties
- Recent graduate from a top university with accounting experience
- Studying, or looking to study for an accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA,CPA)
- Previous exposure to the financial services sector is highly beneficial
- Pro-active approach to problem solving whilst working in a team
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills, including Excel and Outlook
- Conscientious, professional and willing to help
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Lydia Jane: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LJ50574.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.