Senior Finance Manager
- North West London
- c. £50,000 + benefits
Our client is a highly regarded schools group, operating dozens of UK schools. The organisation benefits from an exceptional leadership team and has an extremely successful track record.
As Senior Finance Manager, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for ensuring high standards of financial integrity within the region’s academies. You will be responsible for a small cluster of schools in the region, where you will strategically partner with the school leadership teams, line manage the school finance teams and manage all financial processes, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook.
- Ensure timely production and issue of management accounts, financial reconciliations, cash flow forecasts and returns, as required
- Strategically partner with the Schools’ Principals and Senior Leadership Team to ensure the best educational delivery is obtained within the schools’ budgets
- Prepare monthly financial reports, analysis and updates for the school Principals and the Local Governing Bodies, as required
- Take responsibility for the preparation of termly budget and forecast reports with schools and support the Regional Finance Director with the presentation for approval by the Local Governing Bodies
- Take responsibility for the academies’ accounting procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to within the academies
- Take responsibility for ensuring payroll and pensions processing is managed efficiently and correctly
- Ensure finance filing systems are maintained, ensuring that records are suitable for audit purposes
- Take responsibility for, and line management of, finance staff, including arranging appropriate training and development, conducting induction, probation and performance management reviews
- Work with the Regional Finance Director and school Operations Managers/ Directors to ensure goods and services are processed in compliance with current and relevant procurement legislation
- Identify and pursue income generating activities
- Drive forward change and initiatives which promote regularity, propriety, value for money and best standards
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by the Regional Finance Director
- Professional accountancy qualification, with this role potentially suiting a candidate looking to make a first move out of public practice
- Right to work in the UK
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of running effective administrative and financial systems
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience using financial databases and confidence and interest in learning new technologies
- Experience of people management
- Experience of providing adhoc financial analysis to support decision making
- Experience in managing and negotiating contracts, tenders and agreements, desirable
- Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every student
- Strong organisational and time-management skills and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Ability to skilfully manage and maintain effective working relationships with parents, governors, community members and other stakeholders
- Works productively in a high pressure environment
- High standards and a keen eye for detail
- Keen to learn and further develop own skills
- Exercises sound judgment, especially relating to confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children and adults
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Louise Jeffery: email@example.com quoting reference LJ50626.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. If you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.