Head of FP&A
- £65,000 - £75,000 depending on experience + bonus and benefits
Our client is a highly successful consulting business, partnering with a range of multinational businesses on key organisational and operational projects. The business has an ambitious and established leadership team along with sophisticated shareholders who are highly supportive of the future growth strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to bring their experience in building and growing best in class FP&A and /commercial finance functions capable of supporting the continued growth and expansion of an international business, driving the development and evolution of analysis and communications tools while coupled with driving value and efficiencies.
- Providing monthly financial analysis and insight into the commercial performance of the business, its international regions and functions including proactively identifying and analysing trends, issues and other factors and communicating them as appropriate throughout the organisation
- Building robust, open and advisory relationships with key business stakeholders
- Compiling and developing monthly reporting packs & KPIs for Regional and Functions Heads
- Responsible for the design, development and co-ordinating the running of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast cycles from a P&L and Commercial point of view
- Responsible for the design and continued development of key revenue reporting tools in the organisation that meet both the financial and commercial needs of the organisation along with developing key communications channels for disseminating weekly, monthly and annual information throughout the organisation
- Management accounts preparation for the Group (with the support of a Junior Management Accountant) with particular responsibility for UK, US and holding companies
- Responsibility for full balance sheet reconciliations for all commercial TBs
- Working collaboratively and strategically with HR and external payroll providers to manage, develop and evolve the monthly global payrolls
- Adhoc commercial project work and ad-hoc analysis for the CFO
- Independently initiated adhoc commercial project work and analysis based on trends identified, or the commercial needs of the business
- Ensuring the robustness of the underlying financial records for the Global Group in conjunction with the Group Financial Controller together with ensuring compliance in line with FRS102
- Line management of up to 3 direct reports, providing regular feedback, formal performance reviews, and taking a lead on proactively identifying and addressing any performance management issues
Work Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Self-starter with proven experience of operating in an FP&A role and delivering high quality output to tight deadlines and continually developing those outputs as the business environment changes
- Proven experience in managing and evolving annual budget and quarterly forecast environments
- Confident and articulate communicator who can concisely summarise issues in both verbal and written form
- Excellent report writing, presentation and financial modelling skills
- Proven track record of business partnering senior management (Director level essential)
- Leading and managing change to finance and IT systems and procedures
- Solid technical accounting knowledge and attention to detail while comprehending the bigger picture
- Commitment to deliver continuous improvement
- Qualified accountant – ACA preferred
- Well-developed IT skills over a range of Microsoft Office packages, but to specifically include advanced excel, Power BI (or something similar) experience an advantage
- Access experience ideal but not a necessity
- Ability to demonstrate a progressive career profile
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Justin Dunner quoting reference JD51296.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.