Corporation Tax Manager
- c. £60,000-£80,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is a leading property firm with significant experience and expertise covering property investment, development and asset management.
Working alongside a dynamic team, this role will primarily manage the direct tax compliance matters of a predominantly UK based property group. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the finance team as well as with external advisors. The ability to see the wider picture whilst still ensuring accurate tax reporting is maintained is essential, along with the continuous development and refinement of internal processes and controls.
Corporation tax compliance will include a number of partnership returns and associated matters such as preparation of tax figures and tax notes for c. 150 accounts, preparation of c. 50 UK corporation tax returns, preparation of c. 20 LLP income tax returns and preparation of c. 10 UK corporation tax returns for non-resident landlord companies.
- Meeting compliance filing deadlines.
- Managing tax payments.
- Managing corporate interest restriction and transfer pricing processes.
- Proactive monitoring and preparation for legislative changes that affect compliance, such as move towards MTD.
- Supporting Head of Tax with implementation of new compliance processes such REIT reporting and Exemption Election reporting.
- Manage tax assets, such as loss and capital allowance pools, together with associated elections.
- Communication of tax forecasts for imminent sales.
- Reviewing draft financial statements and preparing tax provisions, working closely with finance team.
- Ensuring disregard elections, treaty passports and treaty applications are up to date.
- Oversight of process and reviewing returns of offshore entities, while tax returns are prepared by advisers at local offices.
- Ensure that internal processes and controls are in place to produce accurate tax reporting, including identifying and implementing finance and tax process improvements as necessary.
- Other minor responsibilities include PAYE Settlement Agreement, Employment Related Securities Return, NRLY Annual return and Ad hoc PAYE queries.
- Strong technical knowledge of UK direct taxes compliance rules.
- Real Estate experience is not required but would be advantageous.
- Excel proficient.
- Well organised with attention to detail, ability to prioritise and strong time management skills.
- Good communicator who will proactively convey tax requirements to the business.
- OneSource user experience is preferred.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Louise Jeffrey: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LJ52437.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.