Finance Assistant Opportunities within Financial Services
- Central London
- £30,000 - £35,000 + study support
Walker Hamill are currently working on a number of exciting part-qualified roles within financial services. Successful candidates will be bright, motivated and keen to progress in their accountancy career. A minimum of one year of experience working in a financial services business and an interest in pursuing an accountancy qualification are required.
- Prepare accurate sales, purchase and project ledgers
- Prepare workings and submissions of monthly VAT return
- Prepare bank reconciliations for review by senior management
- Compile and review expense claims and prepare monthly summary
- Be comfortable as a point-of-contact for staff expenses enquiries
- Prepare monthly payment runs for approval by senior management
- Administrative tasks; Document scanning, archiving and record keeping
- Aged account receivables reporting; debtor management
- Prepare recharge invoices
- Ad-hoc support for the finance team in operational duties
- Graduate with accounting experience in a similar role
- Registered or looking to study for an accounting qualification (ACCA,CIMA, CPA)
- Previous work experience in financial services sector is essential
- Strong team-work and communication skills
- Professional, hard-working and willing to help with ad-hoc duties
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills, including Excel and Outlook
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Lydia Jane: email@example.com quoting reference LJBFA1.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.