- Central London
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The main responsibility of the role will be producing and analysing month end accounts as well as helping to meet all other reporting deadlines. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of management accounts ownership, be hard working, pro-active, accurate and an excellent communicator.
- Preparation of detailed monthly management accounts
- Analysis of variances of actual costs versus forecast.
- Preparation of notes and comments for month end Senior Management meeting
- Preparation of balance sheet submissions for subsidiary reporting units
- Submission of quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Detailed analysis and monitoring of cost accounts and updating various schedules.
- Preparation of month end accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly Sarbanes Oxley submissions and CSR reporting
- Processing adjustments and other journals as required
- Assisting the agency with finance related queries
- Assist auditors in the half year, year-end audits, SOX audits and internal audits.
- Ad hoc reports and other projects
- Part qualified and currently in studies.
- Strong excel and a general high level of computer literacy.
- Experience of using Maconomy and Cartesis an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Good inter-personal skills, pro-active, an excellent communicator and the confidence to liaise with people of all levels in the agency.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, the ability to be flexible, to be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and manage work load as the role will involve reporting to different managers on a day-to-day basis.
- The ability to identify and investigate problems and to come up with effective solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative to question, analyse and scrutinise data.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/