- Central London
- £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
Our client is a leading consultancy with a unique, friendly and open-minded culture. A new opportunity exists for a Payroll Specialist to join their finance team, with sole responsibility of the entire payroll function for their growing and successful European business. The successful individual will be running payroll in London and overseeing payroll services for all their other offices. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience working in payroll, with preferably some experience leading a payroll function. Some previous international experience would also be desirable. Essential skills for the role are attention to detail, strong numerical and spreadsheet skills, excellent communication skills with a flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Preparation and processing of UK payroll for around 170 employees through SAGE including annual requirements e.g. P60s, P11ds etc.
- Liaison with European payroll agencies for the preparation of local payrolls covering 50 employees across 8 locations
- Accurate and timely record keeping
- Tax Authority and Social Security reporting, payment processing and monthly reconciliations
- Processing payroll journals through SAP
- Set-up and processing of payroll payments consisting of online banking and SAP
- Administration of benefits including pensions, loans, bike to work scheme, childcare vouchers, PAYE and family health insurance
- Updating salary forecasts and other earnings related schedules.
- Calculations and application of the unique Frontier Bonus Scheme, including monthly reconciliations.
- Help with annual audit, putting together documentation for auditors and answering queries
- Administration of short term business visitors payroll requirements
- Set-up and processing of supplier payments
- Processing receipts through SAP
- Bank reconciliations
- 2 years plus payroll experience with good understanding of the application of tax, NI, benefits such as pensions, childcare voucher schemes etc
- Strong excel spreadsheet skills with the ability to work through complex reconciliations to ensure accurate and complete payroll processing
- Good accounting knowledge covering debits and credits, journals and the difference between profit and loss accounts and balance sheet accounts
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a concise and understandable way for employees and to liaise with colleagues of all levels
- Fantastic attention to detail, driven by caring about a job well done
- Tenacity in getting to the bottom of an issue and ensuring that everyone fully understands
- Experience of payroll in overseas territories: specifically Germany, France, Belgium, Ireland and/or Spain would be preferable
- A second language: German, French or Spanish would be beneficial
- Previous experience of using SAP and Sage would be desirable
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.comAPPLY FOR THIS ROLE