Group Accounting Manager - 12 months maternity cover
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £80,000 - £100,000 depending on experience level - 12 month fixed term contract
An exciting opportunity exists for a finance professional to join the finance team of a well-established and growing investment firm, overseeing the production of the group statutory accounts. This is a 12 month maternity cover to start as soon as possible.
- Take a lead role in the production of year-end (statutory) and half-year (non-statutory) consolidated financial statements and associated notes to the accounts for the Group and UK subsidiaries
- Dealing with external auditors, challenging disclosure recommendations and audit differences
- Take ownership of the accounts document for presentation to the Audit and Compliance Committee, and in readiness for external publication
- Keeping technically up to date and ensuring that the most appropriate accounting policies are applied; dealing with technical issues when they arise.
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations, revaluations and balance sheet reconciliations for group companies
- Monthly review of London office trial balance
- Reviewing authority for release/return of funds notices for investments including unfunded commitment balance and, management fee calculation checks
- Reviewing portfolio cash flow transactions in portfolio database
- Processing quarterly fund reports
- Preparation and review of quarterly equity valuation templates
- Calculation and reconciliation of VSC adjustments to fund valuations
- Reconciliation of the quarterly portfolio allocation report to the general ledger
- Quarterly VAT return submissions for UK VAT registered entities and South African branch
- Assisting with testing and reconciliation of portfolio accounting system being implemented
- Assisting the Group Financial Controller with ad-hoc queries
- Line manager to Accounts Assistant
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience.
- Exceptional technical accounting skills.
- Previous portfolio accounting experience highly desirable.
- Previous financial services experience essential, ideally within private equity.
- Very strong systems skills and an analytical mind.
- A flexible team player.
- The ability to work with people at all levels in the organisation and externally.
- A hard working, highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed individual.
- The ability to take the initiative, to enjoy new challenges and see tasks through to completion.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA50446. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.