Junior Commercial Finance Analyst
Media / IT
- Central London
- £30,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience
An exciting opportunity exists within an entrepreneurial and growing business for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join the finance team.
The successful individual will report to the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst / Manager, providing support to the Commercial Services and wider Finance team across the key contracts currently in place, and future contracts to be negotiated and agreed.
- Manage financial month end between external supplier and internal stakeholders, including analysis and control of variable monthly spend, development and implementation of processes and tools
- Review of business cases to ensure contractual adherence and cost management
- Develop & use insightful analysis to identify business opportunities for the division, identify and quantify gaps in processes. Driving improvement in end-to-end processes to mitigate issues
- Provide consistently high standard of data analysis through understanding the current situation or issue, identifying a solution, recommending options for improvement
- Present data and insight clearly and concisely to stakeholders of all levels. Illustrate current performance and areas for improvement
- Work with the end users and stakeholders to ensure that the financial processes are aligned between the operating company obligations and supplier contracts
- Create templates and documents to communicate financial implications to internal stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support and administer commercial contracts
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in developing logical and justifiable methods of cost allocation from potentially incomplete data sets.
- Finance experience within an IT / technology environment
- Commercial Finance experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to work across different functions including: Operational, Commercial and Group Finance
- Understanding of multi-location and multi-currency business implications and an ability to problem solve for challenging markets
- Confident with complex data and non-financial concepts
- Management reporting and decision support with recognised strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt communication skills across different stakeholders/audiences
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Collaborative approach with focus on both business and client needs
- High level reporting skills
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA50502. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.