Family Office Accountant
- Central London / South West London
- £30,000 per annum
A newly created role exists for a part-qualified accountant with experience of the various aspects involved in accounting for a small office. The successful individual will be enthusiastic to learn and get involved in a variety of activities, reporting into a qualified accountant who is part of the project team. This position has scope to have support but also to take on more responsibility over time.
- Receiving, logging, filing and inputting all purchase invoices
- Collating employee expense claims for senior managers
- Processing supplier and employee expense payments in on-line bank system - roughly 60 suppliers, 100 payments a month
- Liaising with and managing all office related supplier accounts
- Sales invoice creation to customers
- Management and administration of customer recharges
- Monthly journal and bank reconciliations
- Reconciliation of company credit card account: 1 account x 6 cards
- Maintaining asset register
- Monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations and reporting
- Preparation and submission of MTD compliant quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing schedules and assisting with annual audit
- New starter set up / leaver close down.
- Outsourced payroll – processing monthly salaries, yearly returns, P11d, P45 starter/leavers
- Administration of the Certificate of Sponsorship scheme, visa applications
- Administration of workplace pensions scheme, childcare vouchers, ride to work
- Maintaining leave schedules
- Payments, keeping track of what is due when & paying on time
- Querying invoices when required/answering questions from suppliers
- Liaising with House Manager for approval of payments
- Inputting & coding onto Sage
- Monthly journal and bank reconciliation, monthly closing.
- House Manager’s debit card transactions / matching with receipts
- Keeping track of numerous direct debits (especially BT Sports / Sky Digital)
- Checking Nanny expenses match with receipts
- House payrolls (outsourced) /pensions/childcare scheme
- Organising contract/pension enrolment when new staff member joins
- Staff letters of employment/organising visas when needed
- Occasional trip to the house to catch up with House Manager
- Keeping a track of motors / insurance policy updates from House security.
- Petty cash - checking staff petty cash excel match with receipts and match with Sage
- Collecting & distributing petty cash
- Part-qualified accountant or equivalent
- Previous experience working within the finance team of a small office
- Knowledge of Sage
- Strong Excel experience
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA50511. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.