Temp to Perm Payroll Manager
International Education Company
- Permanent, Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Our client is a global leader in international education, specialising in travel, language training and cultural exchange. An exciting opportunity exists for a Payroll Manager to over-see a team of 8 and the payroll of over 1500 employees across the UK, Ireland, Malta, South Africa, Spain and The Netherlands. The successful individual will play an integral role in the payroll cycle and have the opportunity to travel abroad.
- Raising contracts, processing payrolls and administering benefits
- Responsible for entertainment tax legislation (e.g., PSA for UK), pensions (e.g., UK auto-enroll), private health insurance, taxable benefits, maternity pay, employment visas or tax authority queries,
- Booking payroll journals into the accounting system
- Account reconciliations
- Liaising with finance and internal and external auditors.
- The role will also entail the occasional travel abroad to train other managers.
- Immediate Availability
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Previous experience managing the payroll function for over 200 employees.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Ideally with payroll qualification such as CIPP.
- Excellent Excel and numeracy skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work to deadlines, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA50656.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.