International Education Company
- Permanent, Temporary & Contract
- Central London
Our client is a global leader in international education, specialising in travel, language training and cultural exchange. An exciting opportunity exists for a Payroll Coordinator to join the UK team to run the monthly payroll cycle, whilst project managing payroll transparency initiatives. The successful individual will be a motivated and dynamic Payroll Coordinator with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to drive deadlines.
- To run an accurate and timely monthly payroll cycle including contracting, processing, payment, benefits administration, general ledger postings, bank reconciliations and reporting.
- Project manage payroll transparency initiatives for easy follow-up on budget vs actual.
- Compile manual budget vs actual comparisons of staff costs for controllers.
- To prepare standard filings: tax year-end reports, PSA’s, P11d’s, gender pay gap, short-term business visitors, etc.
- Become the second go-to-person after the Payroll Manager, for HMRC queries, tax codes and statutory rules for taxable benefits.
- Assist with recruitment, training and mentoring of new staff.
- Managing deadlines of the team.
- Lead office-wide meetings to publicise pension and health insurance programs.
- To assist in sourcing suppliers for employment law, pension, insurances, visas, etc.
- To prepare and maintain visa licenses as well as coordinating new visa applications.
- Provide guidance and support to line managers on employee relations matters such as performance management, terminations and grievances.
- Strong understanding of payroll and financial tasks.
- Well organised and self-driven, with the ability to work independently.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Effective working to tight deadlines.
- Track record of strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, maintaining strong professional relationships with company directors and stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi : email@example.com quoting reference MA50658.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.