Credit Controller - Temporary Role
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £100 - £160 per day depending on level of experience
Our client is seeking an experienced finance professional to manage cash collections, cash allocation and withholding tax certificates for both subscriber and advertising customers in a timely and effective manager. The role is initially for a period of 1 month with a scope of being extended.
- By prioritising customers, set up a suitable schedule for making contact with customers/agents to resolve any invoicing queries due to the backlog or which still need resolution.
- Work with the Legal team, the Commercial teams, agents and direct customers to ensure that there is a complete understanding within the AR team of the reasons for delayed payments from customers.
- Ensure that the correct contractual payment terms have been entered into our systems that identify when an invoice is overdue.
- Over the last two years, there has been little focus on customer relationships. This issue needs to be addressed in a structured and planned manner.
- Carry out regular reconciliations of customer accounts, comparing these to customer statements.
- Take ownership of all the collections and cash allocation activities for the both portfolios of customers.
- Ensure that all cash received is properly allocated to a customer account and invoice by the end of the reporting month.
- Liaise with foreign customers in order to obtain the relevant outstanding WHT certificates.
- Accurately process the WHT certificates on Medea in a timely manner.
- On an annual basis, ensure that all the necessary residency certificates are in place.
- Support the Medea Upgrade project team in establishing formalised ways of working so that adequate controls are in place and that the work can be carried out in an efficient manner which eliminates duplication and errors.
- Ensure that adequate documentation is in place for all processes under own control.
- Ensure that the rest of the team is properly on own area trained so that they can cover the work if necessary.
- Support the rest of the team in ensuring that invoicing and cash allocation is kept up to date while others are on leave.
- Contribute to ad hoc requests and projects as directed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time management skills to prioritise & complete tasks as asked & to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills to summarise findings from queries or present the current status of tasks completed or in progress.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Extensive experience of contract invoicing, cash collection, accounts receivable management and query resolution.
- Demonstrable & recent experience of working for an SME.
- Experience in invoicing customers located in UK & European countries and working with foreign currencies. Experience of working for a multinational operating in EMEA.
- Experience in withholding tax.
- Professional - adaptable and positive approach to a varied workload.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise and multi-task.
- Team player.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA50676. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.