- Central London
- £40,000 - £42,000 per annum + study support
Our client is a growing international healthcare communications company based in central London. Working as part of a supportive, dynamic and high performing team, an exciting opportunity exists for an academically bright part-qualified/finalist level Management Accountant with strong technical skills. The successful individual will be inquisitive, have a passion for learning and eager to progress their career.
- Responsible for completing month end with no material errors within reporting deadline.
- Support the Finance Manager in updating financial forecasts.
- Support with developing, evolving and bringing consistency to weekly and monthly management reporting across the portfolio and the wider finance community.
- Act as a key contact to the business and provide value-add decision support and insight.
- Build strong relationships with business unit leads.
- Revenue control throughout the portfolio.
- Responsibility for 2 to 3 business units (depending on experience).
- Responsibility for working capital management.
- Responsibility for cost management.
- Balance sheet ownership.
- Maintenance of revenue trackers including FX calculations, reconciliations to financial system and code closures.
- Support the Financial Contoller and Finance Director through the external audit process.
- Monthly and weekly reporting – utilisation, working capital, timesheets and revenue.
- Provide support as required to the Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual work environment.
- Excellent academic record with a degree from a top university.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA – study package to support).
- Solid technical accounting knowledge.
- Previous finance business partnering experience.
- Strong skills in Excel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities with ability to work in a multi-currency environment.
- Competence in preparing management accounts including journal processing.
- Ability to work quickly to a high level of accuracy with attention to detail is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work at all levels in the organisation.
- Compelling written and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA51384.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.