Commercial Finance Manager - Temp to Perm
Digital Marketing Start-up
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £50,000 per annum
We are supporting the recruitment process for an exceptionally exciting, newly-created opportunity within an ambitious and fast-growing digital marketing start-up. This role would suit a commercially-focused, recently qualified accountant who is looking to continue developing within a broad role which requires a solid technical background alongside a strategic mindset and analytically focused skills set. This role will be pivotal in building out the company's finance function and working to constantly improve all elements of finance across controls, reporting, planning and analysis.
- Review month-end workings, reconciliations, and reporting.
- Review year-end workings, associated calculations and statutory accounts.
- Act as the point of escalation for finance operations, primarily Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Manage and maintain the rolling outlook, quarterly forecast, and half-yearly planning cycles.
- Own and maintain the company cashflow forecast.
- Build and manage a pricing model for all digital marketing services.
- Take responsibility for the management and delivery of monthly and quarterly analysis for the senior management team & Board.
- Maintain the KPI database and deliver monthly KPI reporting.
- Constant and incremental improvement across all areas of finance.
- Ad hoc financial and commercial analysis, as and when required.
- Work closely with the Business Development team across pricing, client profitability analysis, contracts and payment terms.
- Dotted line to support the Head of Digital as they build out the data and analytics function.
- Qualified accountant, with relevant experience working within industry.
- A good grounding in management accounts or technical accounting.
- Strong Excel skills are essential, including the ability to quickly and simply manipulate large data sets using advanced Excel formulas or macros.
- Strong PowerPoint skills are desirable.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships within the finance team and with non-finance colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills with a resourceful can-do nature and proactive and independent mindset.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA51407.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.