Group Financial Controller 18 - 20 months FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- West London
- £85,000 - £95,000, depending on experience
Our client is a household name, omnichannel retailer with a strong brand, loyal customer base and high-quality management team. With UK, US and broader international operations, the business has achieved significant growth over the last three years and continues to go from strength to strength. Today the business has 1000 employees in the UK, revenues approaching £400m and is debt-free. Due to a systems upgrade project, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Controller to lead, manage and develop the Finance team. Starting in the next few weeks, this is likely to be an 18 - 29 months assignment. Previous experience within the retail/FMCG sector is essential.
- Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will lead, manage and develop the Financial Accounts, Accounts Payable and Receivable teams whilst ensuring that processes run efficiently and outputs are accurate.
- Ensuring that there are sufficient and appropriate controls in place related to the production of management accounts and the payment of suppliers.
- As part of the Finance Leadership team, playing a key role in making Finance a great place to work and helping to drive the future growth of the business.
- An interest in process improvement and driving projects is key as well as gravitas to influence around the wider business to ensure the implications of commercial decisions are understood from an accounting and control perspective.
- Producing consolidated accounts.
- Qualified accountant, ideally from an audit background.
- Strong IFRS and 102 experience essential.
- Proven FX experience essential.
- Team management skills essential - leading teams of both qualified and non qualified finance professionals.
- An understanding of gross profit and stock as a result of recent consumer goods industry experience essential.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA51493.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.