Associate (Reporting and MI) - 12 month FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- Up to £70,000 + benefits
Our client, an exciting global asset manager, is undergoing a period of transition. As a result of organic growth, they are seeking an immediately available qualified accountant with previous private equity/capital markets experience to join the business for an initial period of 12 months. The successful individual will support the FP&A, Corporate Finance and Valuations Teams in the development and enhancement of management information, providing financial analysis and reporting on Group, investor and fund performance as well as supporting plans to improve upon the efficiency of operational processes.
- Support the team in the execution and delivery of the monthly and quarterly executive MI and board reporting process.
- Generate and present quarterly reporting, including presentations for board meetings, risk committees and management meetings.
- Analyse key financial data and information to provide insightful, relevant management information.
- Work with relevant Operations teams, local Accounting teams, and external service providers to deliver required objectives.
- Support the improvement the group’s MI reporting capabilities using newly-implemented software.
- Be able to support the monthly investor NAV process.
- Support the team in the delivery of wider objectives, including budgets, forecasts and KPI monitoring.
- Contribute to the establishment, maintenance and enhancement of robust procedures and processes to ensure the integrity of assets and sound financial management.
- Build good working relationships with key individuals.
- Escalate significant issues to senior management as and when required.
- Other ad-hoc reports, projects and support as directed.
- ACCA or CIMA qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience in capital markets and/or private equity.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, in particular being able to interrogate complex sets of data and create simple Excel models as well as analysing data outputs and presenting information in a succinct manner using PowerPoint.
- Ability to question assumptions in capital accounting.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Power BI, SunSystems Q&A and eFront would be useful.
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA51503.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.