Senior Accounts Assistant
- Central London
- £40,000 + Benefits
Our client has seen rapid growth since its inception, investing and expanding its global investment portfolio. As a result, the business now requires a Senior Accounts Assistant to support the day-to-day processing of transactions for its investee companies.
The successful individual will be assisting in the production of purchase and expenses ledger runs and ensuring that all expenses/invoices have been correctly coded and authorised prior to payment for various entities. This role will suit someone with strong bookkeeping experience who is NOT currently studying or looking to study towards an accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA.
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations and ensuring cashbooks are up to date.
- Full control of sales and purchase ledger, including:
- o Inputting invoices into the finance system.
- o Ensuring invoices are checked in line with the service agreement where applicable.
- o Sending invoices out for approval electronically.
- o Liaise with external suppliers and customers.
- o Responding to queries.
- o Formulating and setting up of payment runs in line with the Finance Team monthly Calendar.
- o Electronic filing of invoices.
- o Ensure remittance advice slips are sent out in a timely manner, where required, following payment runs.
- Where relevant, preparation of VAT/GST returns for review by the Management Accountant.
- Where relevant, review and posting of staff expenses.
- Where relevant, review and posting of the credit card expenses
- Processing intercompany sales invoices.
- Posting annual journals to reallocate ledger entries upon instructions.
- Where relevant, ensuring fixed asset register is up to date.
- Assisting in response to audit queries.
- Assisting in ensuring procedures and controls are fully up to date.
- Any other ad hoc duties in relation to the preparation of the Management Accounts or control procedures of the Finance Team.
- Experienced bookkeeper, ideally used to working autonomously, but also likes to be a part of a team.
- Accounts processing experience would be a plus, ideally using Xero.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Microsoft Office in particular Excel.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Pays attention to detail and has a “right first time” approach.
- Excellent communicator.
- Qualified AAT or qualified by experience.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA51768.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.