- Central London
- £45,000 - £50,000, per annum
Supporting the FP&A Manager and Finance Director, the successful individual will be an engaged commercial business partner able to add value through actionable insights and analysis that challenge the business owners in a consultative fashion in addition to taking ownership of the monthly close and reporting processes. This is a progressive role in a high-growth team and will suit an ACA/ACCA/CIMA studier.
- Support pricing activity with scenario modelling and profitability analysis to make informed recommendations to the product owners.
- Own the annual budgeting process, ensuring targets are set with full granularity and buy-in from the product owners.
- Manage the monthly forecasting cycle, working with product owners to provide short- and longer-term accurate forecasts underpinned by robust data and trend analysis.
- Engage cross-functionally with business process owners (i.e. client service leaders, human resources, accounting, and group functions) to provide financial information and operating metrics.
- Preparation of the monthly reporting package for the FP&A Manager’s and product owner’s review. Assist with weekly and monthly reporting.
- Communicate insights proactively to the business and facilitate continuous two-way connectivity and information flow.
- Provide monthly walks, flash, revenue analysis and margin analysis as well as monthly sales to target reporting.
- Review trial balance and address any issues with the Accounting team.
- Assist with developing several budget models such as allocations and recharge and ensure actuals are in line with budgeted models.
- Own the data integrity for the business-critical tools and systems, including partnering with IT, Accounting, and Operations Support to implement system enhancements and ensure accuracy of data.
- Ensure that revenue accounting is accurate and compliant.
- Manage the intercompany invoicing to ensure that revenue and costs sit in the correct legal entities.
- Studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Functional expertise: a minimum of 5 years of related financial, industry experience with demonstration of analytic and information-driven experiences.
- Relevant financial planning and analysis experience required.
- Experience with information systems and related tools for staging and deploying information.
- Experience with tools like Tableau, or Power BI (data processing and programming languages a plus).
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Advanced Excel expertise a must).
- Excellent written and verbal communicator at all levels.
- Systems experience with Tagetik and Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP systems such as SAP.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Promotes collaboration.
- Thinks strategically.
- Must be versatile, adaptable to changes, and with high resilience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and customer service approach with the ability to interact with contacts at all levels.
- Analytical and communication skills and capable of using sound logic in problem-solving.·
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA51840.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.