Commercial Finance Specialist - 3 months
VC backed FMCG start-up
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £350 per day (Umbrella Company)
Our client is a fast-growing FMCG start-up, looking for a strong Commercial Finance Specialist to join the business on a temporary basis, initially for 3 months. The main focus of the role will be creating commercial finance tools to help supercharge their sales and add some colour to the understanding of their financial landscape. They’re aiming to become the leaders in their field, and this role will play a key role in helping them to get there.
- Operate closely with the Head of Finance and MD on generating clear and illustrative monthly board packs.
- This is a unique opportunity to join the team as one of its first commercial finance individuals.
- Build tools and trackers to help bolster the company with all the commercial information they need to make informed and impactful decisions.
- Take responsibility for the general maintenance of the weekly product performance tracker.
- Generate commercial models to ensure that the firm's new customer business plans are robust, up to scratch, and aligned with their business strategy.
- Work closely with the Sales team to check any commercial proposals before they are put forward to the MD.
- Generate additional insight for the Head of Finance and MD regarding gross margin and cost of goods.
- Support the 2022 budgeting process alongside the Head of Finance, ensuring that they have the right tools in place.
- Help to align the internal forecasts and review the efficacy of promotions.
- Previous experience working in an FMCG finance environment and generating robust tools and trackers.
- Data visualisation - able to digest data, pull out key insights and present them in a visual format.
- Powerpoint - able to communicate effectively through this format.
- A super-user of Excel, with an understanding of VBA and the ability to write mid-level VBA scripts.
- Meticulous and the type of person who enjoys getting things right the first time.
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of financial systems and trackers, preferably within a chilled, complex supply chain.
- Positive attitude, proactivity, and tenacity.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally.
- Honesty & integrity and a team player.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA51953.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.