- Temporary & Contract
- Up to £65,000, depending on experience
Our client, a fast-paced, innovative and exciting architectural firm is seeking a qualified Finance Manager to cover a maternity leave for 12 months. Reporting to the Global Finance Director, the successful individual will gain broad exposure across both technical and commercial as well as management experience. Based in Central London, the role will be office-based three days a week and working from home two days.
- Supervising the Management Accountant, Finance Assistant, understanding their tasks, ensuring queries, tasks and issues are dealt with accordingly.
- Producing the full monthly management pack to include commentary.
- Ensuring that month-end tasks are completed on schedule and accurately.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce month-end close.
- Populating monthly trial balance to forecast model.
- Keeping an up-to-date pipeline by liaising with Head of Project Management, Project Directors and Project Leads.
- Maintaining input of data in forecast model to improve the accuracy of the rolling forecast.
- Producing a summary of key metrics as instructed by Global Finance Director.
- Overseeing the production of metrics by global offices, and conducting initial review before submission to Global Finance Director.
- Producing the first draft of financial statements.
- Preparing all associated schedules.
- Liaising with external accountants for year-end audits and providing information on time, dealing with any queries.
- Ensuring that the daily cash flow is updated accurately and ensuring that sales invoices are raised on time and relevant schedules are promptly updated.
- Acting as the first point of contact for projects with complex invoicing and understanding the invoicing process.
- Understanding project costs to recharge and formulating a process for identifying and recharging them accurately.
- Chasing debtors when required to step in.
- Overseeing the smooth running of payroll.
- Producing and submitting P11Ds and PSA settlement agreements.
- Managing CMAP project accounting system.
- Championing systems across offices.
- Chairing monthly IT strategy meetings and working with the Operations Manager to improve infrastructure.
- Understanding transfer pricing and ensuring the timely recharge of related associated costs across all companies.
- Ensuring that VAT returns are produced and submitted.
- Understanding Personal Tax Return of Principal and any tax effects of other income earned by him.
- Approving spending up to a specified limit and liaising with the Global Finance Director on above-limit spend.
- Assisting in the renewal of PI and office insurances.
- Qualified accountant (or equivalent) with previous experience working in a fast-paced industry.
- A minimum of five years' experience working in accounts.
- Previous experience managing/supervising would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Xero software desirable.
- Expert Excel user and proficient in the use of advanced formulae.
- Must be able to work independently but also a team player with the confidence to manage others and give direction.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO52148.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.