- Central London
- £35,000 - £38,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client is a growing global strategy consulting firm based in central London. As a result of organic growth, a newly-created role exists for a Billings Specialist to join the Finance team. The successful individual will be responsible for maintaining a clean accounts receivable ledger and working closely with the Global Billing & Credit Control Manager and the Billing team.
- Preparing draft invoices and sending out for approval.
- Updating the accounting system with all project information, including attaching of T&Cs, setting of milestones.
- Assisting in reconciling WIP, both fees and expenses to accounting package on a monthly basis.
- Reconciling expenses incurred to client invoices for final billing, ensuring all expenses have been captured.
- Reviewing cost trackers, ensuring costs are either recorded to live project or expensed to P&L on a timely basis.
- Liaising with clients to deal with invoice and expenses queries.
- Assisting with debt collection.
- Assisting with the preparation of journals for monthly management accounts relating to WIP and debtors.
- Managing interco billings.
- Account allocations of receipts and sales invoices.
- Ad hoc reports, including running and distribution of project expenses reports from Dimension/Kimble/Concur.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong billings and WIP experience.
- Awareness and ability to learn the HMRC requirements in respect of VAT.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions/Netsuite is preferable but not essential.
- Be proactive and use initiative, making recommendations for process improvements.
- Take responsibility and work autonomously to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage relationships across all levels of the business.
- Show high attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of data in the accounting system.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA52206.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses, and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure, and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.