- Temporary & Contract
- Berkshire / Remote
- £45,000 pro rata
A leading UK lifestyle activities provider is seeking a Financial Analyst to cover maternity leave for a period of 10 months. Requiring immediate availability, the successful individual will have strong Excel skills, be analytically minded and have a strong foundation of accounting knowledge. The offices are based in Berkshire, although the role can be fully remote with the occasional day in the office as required.
- Preparing and circulating operational reports on statistics, which involves extracting data from the booking system, then manipulating and presenting in a suitable format for the Senior Leadership (SLT) team and wider business.
- Preparation and review of summary P&L at month-end, for circulation to the SLT and Operations teams.
- Supporting the Business Development team by providing financial information.
- Preparing monthly debtors and deferred income reconciliations for the two trading entities. Involves extracting sales, attendance and payment data, and performing calculations in Excel.
- Reporting monthly attendance data to the firm's parent company.
- Managing cost centre and nominal code creation within Xero.
- Supporting the business with system changes and acquisition integrations from a financial data perspective.
- Preparing and submitting ONS returns.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparing ad hoc financial information and attendance.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with month-end activities, such as journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Immediately available with previous experience working in a similar role.
- Experience and understanding of working in a Finance team for an SME business.
- Someone who can work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, as well as being able to manage their own time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to be able to problem-solve.
- An excellent team player as well as a clear communicator.
- Someone who is willing and able to take responsibility and ownership for tasks (after appropriate handover is given).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills - pivots, Lookups, IF statements and financial modelling.
- Previous use of Xero financial software desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA52223.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses, and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure, and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.