AP / AR Specialist
- £28,000 - £32,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is a global and fast-growing PE-backed company based in Central London. They are seeking an enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual to join the European Finance team in an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist role. The Accounts Payable part of the role will be focused on ensuring that all invoices received are appropriately authorised, recorded accurately into the accounting system and raised for payment in a timely manner. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring that all debtors re-invoiced correctly and that all debts are collected from customers.
- Record invoices received from suppliers.
- Ensure that invoices are matched to a PO where required.
- Obtain authorisation from relevant business contact where pre-authorisation has not been obtained.
- Ensure that the business regularly receives and reconciles vendor statements, investigating and resolving any discrepancies.
- Regularly create creditors reports and take responsibility for supplier payments runs.
- Process direct debit invoices.
- Respond to and resolve all supplier queries.
- Ensure that other ad hoc payments are processed and recorded in a timely manner.
- Assist the relevant city accountant in month-end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Creditor analysis – providing aged creditor reports to the Accounting team, Agent Sales team and management.
- Raise invoices for all debtors.
- Post and allocate daily receipts to accounting systems.
- Reconcile cash receipts against expectations and investigate any discrepancies.
- Oversee the correct allocation of voucher booklets against the correct agent partners in the sales and accounting systems.
- Ensure that customers pay on time, liaising with agents and sales representatives. Contact individuals or business customers when payment is overdue.
- Assist with the transition from current AR systems and processes to improved alternate solutions.
- Issue statements to debtors.
- Maintain and update the online platform with payments.
- Debtors analysis – provide aged debtor reports to the Accounting team and management.
- Previous experience in an accounts payable function is necessary.
- Understanding of the accounts payable and billing/accounts receivable processes.
- Good understanding of travel/tourism industry is preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience of SAP is preferred.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple work streams at the same time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Effective in identifying problems, seeking pertinent data, recognising important information and identifying possible causes of problems.
- Ability to establish efficiently an appropriate course of action for self/others to accomplish a goal.
- Able to manage data confidentially.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA52236.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses, and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure, and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.