Senior Accounts Assistant
- Central London
- £32,000 per annum
Our client is a listed UK and US-based clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. Due to the organic growth and early success of the company, it is now looking to grow its in-house Finance team and hire a high-quality Accounts Assistant. This role will support the Financial Controller and play an integral part in the day-to-day running of the business. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and well-funded international biotech company at an exciting point in its development. Please note this role does not offer study support and is suited to someone who enjoys transactional accounting.
- Working closely with the Financial Controller, other members of the Finance function and the wider company.
- Bank reconciliations - ensuring that all bank transactions are accurately recorded and payments allocated in a timely fashion.
- Daily coding and processing of purchase ledger invoices.
- Ensuring PO system is implemented and adhered to, matching invoices from suppliers with purchase orders, to ensure prices and costs are agreed in advance.
- Obtaining approval for payment and arranging weekly payments by BACS so payments are properly authorised, evidenced, timely and accurately recorded ensuring supplier accounts are settled within the company's terms.
- Preparing cash book payments (HMRC etc) and intercompany bank transfers for authorisation using the online banking system.
- Processing monthly staff expenses and corporate card transactions to ensure all receipts are provided and costs conform to company policy.
- On receipt of the company credit card, coding, processing, monitoring and analysing expenditure.
- Responsible for all supplier queries by investigating, responding and progressing issues to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- Ensuring that all creditor accounts are reconciled and complete aged creditor reporting on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the production of month-end journals for accruals, intercompany charges, payroll along with complete ownership of prepayments.
- Audit preparation – on a monthly basis downloading and annotating bank statements and collating prepaid invoices, fixed assets invoices etc.
- VAT preparation – preparing VAT reclaim returns for review by the Financial Controller.
- Processing Board members' expenses when required and preparing payment for reimbursement.
- Ensuring that all filing is completed immediately for every task.
- Assisting with the fixed asset register.
- Annually assisting in budgeting and forecasting.
- Responding to any ad hoc requests for analysis.
- Strong previous accounts payable experience.
- Experience of having worked in an SME.
- Attentive to detail, data integrity and accuracy.
- Fast-paced, ambitious and with the desire to develop both their study and their operational experience.
- Able to interact with colleagues across the business.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: email@example.com quoting reference MA52270.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.