- £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the expense purchases and client/customer receivables of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers. The role will be focused on assisting the FD and Finance Manager in the provision of accurate and timely financial reporting information to the Management and stakeholders of the group.
- Ensure the timely and accurate posting of invoices.
- Generate customer invoices and account statements.
- Maintain the billing system.
- Perform customer and vendor account reconciliations.
- Follow up of invoice authorisation and approvals.
- Create payments as and when required (bi-weekly basis and ad hoc for urgent payments).
- Take responsibility for maintaining up to date customer and vendor accounts on SAP.
- Communicate with external suppliers and customers and departments within the company.
- Take on a range of credit control duties including liaising with customers by both email and telephone to obtain timely receipt of all sums due to the group.
- Carry out the reconciliation of all group cash and credit card payments to daily sales in SAP/Retail Pro.
- Provide information for capture of accruals, prepayments and receivables.
- Conduct monthly supplier statement, payables and receivables reconciliations.
- Carry out bank reconciliations and daily cash reporting.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate and filed appropriately within the archiving system.
- Deal with incoming telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Produce monthly financial and management reports.
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries.
- Pay and reconcile corporate credit cards and employee expense claims.
- Process the CEO's expenses.
- Update the emissions tracker, participate in Green team activities.
- Assist in general financial management and analysis.
- Assist the Finance Manager in any ad-hoc projects.
- Provide cross-departmental support.
- Previous experience of entering a high volume of invoices.
- Experience in the retail/FMCG industry desirable.
- Good experience in the use of SAP.
- Excellent understanding of Excel.
- Good AP and AR reconciliation skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and cost allocation principles, accounting procedures and processes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage relationships internally and externally.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Can do attitude.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Ravi: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA52754.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.