Management Consulting Firm
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum + discretionary bonus
Following years of sustained growth, our client is seeking a Treasury Accountant in a newly-created specialist role, to help adequately support the business and maintain growth rate.
The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for managing the company's cash flow, ensuring adequate liquidity to meet daily operational needs, and implementing strategies to mitigate financial risks. The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance team and other departments to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Manage daily cash flow activities, including monitoring and forecasting cash balances, preparing cash reports, and initiating and approving payments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banks and other financial institutions to ensure efficient and effective banking services.
- Manage bank access – including new user and account setup, and changes to users and signatories.
- Monitor and manage foreign currency transactions, including hedging activities to minimize financial risk.
- Prepare and update cash flow forecasts, including short-term and long-term cash forecasts, to ensure adequate liquidity.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and related schedules.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Provide support to other departments, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of new treasury and cash management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 3- 4 years in finance of which, 1-2 years of experience in treasury or cash management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience with treasury and cash management systems is required.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Abrahim: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA52919.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.