Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Temporary & Contract
- Wimbledon, London
- Up to £138 per day PAYE, depending on experience
Our client is an established retailer with many stores across the UK. They are seeking an Overhead Purchase Ledger Assistant to join the team on a temporary basis in order to support on all purchase ledger activities. The ideal candidate will have strong overhead purchase ledger experience, with excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. This position will initially be a three-month contract from September to November 2023, but has the potential to become longer-term or permanent for the right person. Working hours can be adapted to fit with school hours or to four days per week if required.
- Take responsibility for the processing of invoices and credit notes for overhead suppliers using Docuware and Navision. This is to include weekly utility invoice processing.
- Learn how Docuware processes invoices automatically and help the team to implement a Docuware invoice workflow for all overhead suppliers.
- Work with budget holders to ensure that invoices are approved in line with internal policies.
- Raise and process payments in line with agreed supplier payment terms, including ad hoc manual payments.
- Carry out new supplier validation in accordance with company policy.
- Identify and reconcile invoice queries.
- Liaise with other departments and suppliers regarding any queries that arise in an efficient, polite and professional manner.
- Ensure that credit notes are obtained from the supplier where applicable.
- Act efficiently and provide timely responses on external and internal correspondence.
- Assist with managing the purchase ledger mailbox.
- Previous experience in an Overhead/Expense Ledger role.
- Retail industry experience advantageous but not essential.
- Strong Microsoft skills, particularly Excel.
- Experience using Navision an advantage but not essential.
- Strong organisation and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Melanie Abrahim: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MA53023.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.