- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £12 - £18 per hour / £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Walker Hamill is a leading Recruitment Consultancy specialising in placing candidates into accountancy and finance roles in London and surrounding areas. Our clients include FTSE 100/250 Blue-Chip organisations as well as Private Equity backed small to medium (SME) sized businesses. We recruit across a broad range of sectors, on a permanent, contract and temporary basis.
We are always looking to meet strong Assistant Accountants for our clients in the Media, Advertising and Retail sectors and are looking for candidates with experience in the following areas.
- Assisting with the preparation of month/ quarter/ half year/ year end accounts to include profit and loss account, balance sheet and cashflow statement
- Bank and supplier statement reconciliations
- Assisting with budgets, updating weekly cash flow forecasts and variance analysis
- Matching, batching and coding high volumes of invoices
- Preparing payment runs, BACS and CHAPS and allocating payments
- Preparing accruals and distributing on a monthly basis
- Processing expenses
- Part-qualified in ACCA / CIMA
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Practical experience of any of the following: SAP, DDS, Great Plains, Sage Line 50/100/200, or Maconomy highly desirable
- Ability to reconcile difficult payments
- Understanding of intercompany processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and to work without direction
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.