Project Accountant - PE Backed Financial Services
High Growth PE Backed Financial Services
- Temporary & Contract
- £75,000 + £5,000 Car Allowance
Our client is a high-growth, private equity-backed leading insurance group. Due to a number of internal projects, an opportunity exists for a project role with 12 months' duration. The successful candidate is likely to be ACA qualified with previous group reporting experience, looking to work as part of a high profile team.
- Senior member of the UK Financial Accounting team.
- Take a lead role in improving the current UK financial control environment.
- Develop and document a new financial risk control framework.
- Document and review key end-to-end processes, taking a lead role in identifying areas for improvement and implementing any changes required.
- Lead the role out of any changes across the UK Finance team and wider business to ensure that the controls are operating effectively.
- IFRS 17 implementation, including supporting the implementation of new IT solutions.
- Create and lead the process to ensure that all key client contracts and the associated accounting treatments are documented.
- Manage month-end process improvement, simplification and automation.
- Oversee the annual audit process, assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with ad hoc finance projects and provide support to the Group Finance team as required.
- Qualified accountant, ideally with c. 3 years' PQE (or equivalent).
- Engaging and capable of delivering clear objectives.
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the business including Group Financial Controller and external advisors.
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate good attention to detail and judgment, showing logical decision-making.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong technical accounting expertise including IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Strong understanding of robust processes and effective controls.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Morgan Ecott: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ME51891.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.