Fund Accountant, Real Estate
- £55,000 - £70,000 base + bonus + benefits
Our client is an established European Real Estate investor. They are looking to add a Fund Accountant to their team.
The position reports directly to the Associate Director. The role is a broad Fund Accounting position that offers the opportunity to additionally get involved with ad hoc projects.
Key duties include:
- overseeing the external administrators in the preparation of all financial reporting;
- liaising directly with Fund Managers on new fund strategies, focusing on providing an operating procedures manual on the establishment of accounting and reporting processes;
- assisting the investment team in a financial capacity during the acquisition, hold and disposition process;
- overseeing ERISA, US tax and FATCA reporting processes;
- co-ordinating NAV production; and
- reviewing LPAs and establishment documentation from a finance perspective.
Required skills and experience:
- fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- 3+ years of experience ideally within a real estate fund accounting capacity, but open to those who have had consistent exposure to real estate investments (i.e. audited real estate investment firms);
- strong understanding of LPAs, waterfalls and NAV calculations;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- strong analytical, numerical and IT skills (Microsoft Excel in particular); and
- strong project management skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: email@example.com quoting reference MN50020.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.